[mythtv-users] MythTV / HDTV: DVI vs S-Video Interface Suggestions

Jeff Noxon jeff-mythtv at planetfall.com
Fri Oct 31 16:28:49 EST 2003

The X framebuffer is not interlaced.  You can turn off deinterlacing in
Myth, but that will make things look even worse.  There is no way for it
to synchronize interlaced MPEG2 video with the interlaced TV output on a
video card.  It would be a lot easier for me to explain with a chalkboard.
Perhaps someone else can have a go at it.

I personally feel that a good long-term solution would be to adopt the
deinterlacing & inverse telecine code from dscaler.  It works pretty well.
But I should probably keep my mouth shut, because I lack the time or skill
to do it myself :)

Regards,

Jeff