[mythtv-users] mythtv-suite package

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 22 19:56:37 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003, at 17:06 US/Pacific, James L. Paul wrote:

> Ben Curtis wrote:
> | I've got a super-fresh redhat 9 install.  I run the 'apt-get install
> | mythtv-suite' and the following errors come up:
> |
> | Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
> that
> | the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> | that package should be filed.
> | The following information may help to resolve the situation:
> |
> | The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> |   mythtv-suite: Depends: mythvideo (>= 0.11) but it is not going to
> be
> | installed
> |                 Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.11) but it is not going to be
> | installed
> |                 Depends: mythmkmovie (>= 1.0.1) but it is not going
> to be
> | installed
> | E: Broken packages
> |

> I don't have an answer to your errors, sorry.

I do. (I think).

> The only time I have
> weirdness like that is when there are multiple packages for a single
> version of something.

Or you don't have all the necessary apt repos enabled.

 From the look of what failed, you don't have FreshRPMs included as an
apt package repo, which you must have. FreshRPMs and ATrpms are
complimentary, and some of what you're installing depends on packages
that need to be pulled from ATrpms. Did you have apt on your machine
already before starting the install, or are you starting fresh, with
apt installed via atrpms-kickstart?

> Since 0.12 is out and has improvements, I recommend installing it
> instead of 0.11. I don't know when the apt repository will be updated,
> but I just downloaded and built it all last night and upgraded my 0.11
> in about an hour. It's running stable for me so far.

They are actually now available in the at-bleeding channel from ATrpms.
We're doing a bit of testing to make sure they work as expected before
pushing them into the main channel. I'm running them right now. Axel is
trying them with some slightly different default build options (native
lirc, alsa and xvmc), so we want to try them on a few different configs
to see if we break anyone before unleashing them on the public. :)

> | I then tried to install mythvideo by itself through apt, and it gave
> me
> | dependencies to lirc that couldn't be installed.
> |
> | Any ideas?

Yep, it wants to grab lirc from FreshRPMs. That makes me certain you
don't have all the right repos set up. You're not the first to have
this happen, so I wonder if Axel made a change to the atrpms-kickstart,
and accidentally left freshrpms off the list...

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...