[mythtv-users] mythtv-suite package

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Wed Oct 22 15:06:39 EDT 2003

Ben Curtis wrote:
| I've got a super-fresh redhat 9 install.  I run the 'apt-get install
| mythtv-suite' and the following errors come up:
|
| Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
| the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
| that package should be filed.
| The following information may help to resolve the situation:
|
| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|   mythtv-suite: Depends: mythvideo (>= 0.11) but it is not going to be
| installed
|                 Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.11) but it is not going to be
| installed
|                 Depends: mythmkmovie (>= 1.0.1) but it is not going to be
| installed
| E: Broken packages

I don't have an answer to your errors, sorry. The only time I have
weirdness like that is when there are multiple packages for a single
version of something. I just explicitly specify the package I want to
satisfy dependencies. Most people don't have as many apt repository
sources defined as I do though, most of my choices are between fedora
and freshrpm packages.

I had no problems installing via apt from the instructions on the site.
However, after using 0.11 installed from the myth-suite and having
isolated crashes I build and installed from source and the problems
stopped. I use RH9 with my own 2.4.22 kernel from kernel.org.

Since 0.12 is out and has improvements, I recommend installing it
instead of 0.11. I don't know when the apt repository will be updated,
but I just downloaded and built it all last night and upgraded my 0.11
in about an hour. It's running stable for me so far.