[mythtv-users] I'm a debian guy and admit I'm RedHat stupid...

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 21 09:18:29 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 13:42, Dan Fleming wrote:
> I would like to get my Epia M9000/PVR-250 up and working with the latest
> release of myth.  Right now it seems the easiest way to do this is by
> using RedHat 9.  Would someone please hold my hand and give me
> step-by-step instructions on how to do this or direct me to a site that
> has good instructions?
>

> Here is where I am at:
>
> - RedHat 9 is installed with KDE
>
> - ivtv drivers compiled and installed
>
> - Alsa 9.6 drivers are compiled, but not installed because I'm not sure
> if they're needed.
>

> Here is where I'm stuck:
>
> - I know how to compile MythTV, but how do I make sure I have the
> required packages installed for a successful compile?  If RPMs are out
> there with pre-compiled binaries for my Epia I would be willing to use
> them, but I'm not sure how to get the dependencies for those either.
>
> - For MythTV I am unsure what the best configuration for my audio is.
>
> ----

I'm not sure I agree with you in that RH is easier than debian.  I have
a 250 and a 350 and they are working (most of the time).
- You don't need alsa but it is recommended.
- One way to find out if you have all the dependencies is to go into the
mythtv directory and try to make.  if it works then you have them, if it
doesn't then you don't.
BUT,
you might want to follow jarod wilson's guide.  I hear it is great for
redhat.  you can find it, and many others here:

http://mythtv.no-ip.com

good luck,

-jose-