[mythtv-users] I'm a debian guy and admit I'm RedHat stupid...

Dan Fleming dfleming at swings.2y.net
Mon Oct 20 11:42:16 EDT 2003

I would like to get my Epia M9000/PVR-250 up and working with the latest
release of myth.  Right now it seems the easiest way to do this is by
using RedHat 9.  Would someone please hold my hand and give me
step-by-step instructions on how to do this or direct me to a site that
has good instructions?

Here is where I am at:

- RedHat 9 is installed with KDE

- ivtv drivers compiled and installed

- Alsa 9.6 drivers are compiled, but not installed because I'm not sure
if they're needed.

Here is where I'm stuck:

- I know how to compile MythTV, but how do I make sure I have the
required packages installed for a successful compile?  If RPMs are out
there with pre-compiled binaries for my Epia I would be willing to use
them, but I'm not sure how to get the dependencies for those either.

- For MythTV I am unsure what the best configuration for my audio is.