[mythtv-users]: video and sound are not synchron

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 11:13:46 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 12:56 pm, Frank Hilwalserbäumer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I try to install mythtv-0.11 on SuSE 8.1 at Athlon 1Ghz, 256 MB RAM, Asus
> A7V133 onboard sound AC 82C686A, video controller Asus AGP-V7100, TV-card
> Pinnacle PCTV Rave.
>
> Before I started configuring mythtv I set up xawtv to ensure that TV-card
was
> working in the right way. xawtv works fine.
>
> After setting up mythtv, doing mythfilldatabase and configuring mythtv I
tried
> to watch tv. But sound and live-tv were not synchron. Sound seemed to be
> about two seconds 'early' and tv was bucking slow when I changed the
channel.

> Thanks for any help!

First, make sure you read this section of the docs:

You do not have your audio configured properly.  You are getting 'live' audio
instead of recorded audio.  Follow the documentation!

As for your 'bucking slow' TV picture... that could be related to your sound
issues, or you might have capture settings that are too much for your machine
to handle.  You didn't post any specs, so it's kind of hard to tell.

-JAC