[mythtv-users]: video and sound are not synchron

Frank Hilwalserbäumer fhil at tiscali.de
Wed Oct 15 15:56:33 EDT 2003

Hi!

I try to install mythtv-0.11 on SuSE 8.1 at Athlon 1Ghz, 256 MB RAM, Asus
A7V133 onboard sound AC 82C686A, video controller Asus AGP-V7100, TV-card
Pinnacle PCTV Rave.

Before I started configuring mythtv I set up xawtv to ensure that TV-card was
working in the right way. xawtv works fine.

After setting up mythtv, doing mythfilldatabase and configuring mythtv I tried
to watch tv. But sound and live-tv were not synchron. Sound seemed to be
about two seconds 'early' and tv was bucking slow when I changed the channel.

Thanks for any help!

Frank Hilwalserbäumer
fhil at ticali.de