[mythtv-users]: video and sound are not synchron

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 15 15:37:34 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003, at 03:13 US/Pacific, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 October 2003 12:56 pm, Frank Hilwalserbäumer wrote:
>>
>> I try to install mythtv-0.11 on SuSE 8.1 at Athlon 1Ghz, 256 MB RAM,
>> Asus
>> A7V133 onboard sound AC 82C686A, video controller Asus AGP-V7100,
>> TV-card
>> Pinnacle PCTV Rave.
>
> As for your 'bucking slow' TV picture... that could be related to your
> sound
> issues, or you might have capture settings that are too much for your
> machine
> to handle.  You didn't post any specs, so it's kind of hard to tell.

Um, did you by chance miss Frank's first paragraph, JAC? :)

Frank, are you trying to use MPEG4 or RTJPEG? I don't think a 1GHz
Athlon has enough juice to reliably encode and watch TV using MPEG4.
I'd suggest trying RTJPEG, lower the bit rate and capture resolution,
and see if you get something acceptable.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...