[mythtv-users] OT: My new MythPC Setup + some issues.

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 12 09:46:06 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 20:36, Saravanan Subbiah wrote:

> 3) I bought this Parex Wireless keyboard which was suggested by someone
> in the list coz it was cheap and the shop is just a mile from my home.
>
> http://www.softwareandstuff.com/acc_wlskeywithintmse.html

snip
> Will I be able to make my remote learn the codes ? Or Do I need a new
> remote or keyboard ?
>
> Anyways, this mail has already become long and if you are still reading
> till here, thanks !

I bought a wireless keyboard too and I got a remote to learn it.  It
took for ever.  After I had it all done, it just works horribly.  The
remote takes for ever to send in each key, when I want to lower the
volume with the remote it takes me pressing the key, wait, pressing the
key, wait ... by the time I've lowered it enough I've woke everybody up!
with the keyboard you just hold the '[' key and it zips down.

Bottom line is, wireless keyboards are good to have, remotes are good to
have but you want to use LIRC to work with the remote, not the keyboard
interface.

...just my 245,341.34 pesos

-jose-