[mythtv-users] mythweb idea for a feature wish...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Oct 2 10:29:54 EDT 2003

> How about a button in the recorded programs screen next to each
> recording (like the delete button), that would request the recorded
> program be transcoded?

It's probably easy enough to put in, and I'm happy to do so if someone
(Geoff?) will tell me the appropriate mythbackend calls to start the
transcode.

> While I'm at it, how about an option to show other times the program is
> being aired in case of conflicts (maybe even automatically suggesting
> an alternate recording timeslot)?

Myth does this already.  go to "scheduled recordings" - it lists all of
the times the program is on.  Myth automatically picks the "best"
timeslot for a program to record in, there's no need for mythweb to
duplicate this effort.

> I'd therefore personally love to have the option to access all the
> setups and manage the mythtv setup completely from a web browser so I
> can access it also when I'm traveling or at the office.

It's all planned.  Unfortunately, the rent-paying work (ok, and the
new-toy-buying work) take precedence, and I haven't really had any spare
time to work on mythweb lately.

And after seeing http://csszengarden.com/ I'd also like to redo the
default theme (trying to convince my wife to help me - she's a wiz in
photoshop) entirely in css-friendly elements.  Then we could have one
set of html-type pages and let everything else be controlled by user
settings and a single css file.

-Chris