[mythtv-users] mythweb idea for a feature wish...

and hons at rcn.com
Thu Oct 2 11:16:09 EDT 2003

Thankyou for the feedback.
I really love using mythweb and just want to mention that I appreciate
all the work you have put into it. Using CSS seems like a really cool
approach...... even if I'm quite happy with the way it is now... ;-)

Silly me.... I hadn't noticed that mythtv automatically reschedules in
case of conflict to a more opportune moment. Maybe I don't make enough
recordings that conflict, so never see it.... ;-) -it was just a
thought and I'll have a look for it.

When I select a program in one of my epgs (I can't remember where right
now) it also automatically show alternate dates in the extended info
window and that might be usefull even  if we only  have a weeks worth
of data. The same thing could be useful in the search/movies/etc area
where the same movie or program is show multiple times down the list
instead of once, with multiple dates/times in the playtime field....I
guess I could just click the column to sort it.

The contextual features such as delete and trancode etc could bee in a
dropdown button if you don't want to clutter things up and that would
also make it relatively easy to add features (such as multible
transcode settings, streaming etc) in the future... I guess without
really knowing.

BTW: does mythweb talk mainly to mythbackend or does it go straight to
the database in mysql? I'm wondering because I think I see failed
recordings (partial or no sound) when I use mythweb while mythbackend
is recording and maybe the different activities are messing things
up... any thoughts?

thanks
anders