[mythtv-users] changing channels

Murph Crusher MurphCrusher at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 14:43:56 EDT 2003

> On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 02:27 US/Pacific, Murph Crusher wrote:
>
> > I have the following problem. I can change channels without any
> > problems in
> > KWinTV. But in MythTV and all other TVapps I can only watch the last
> > channel
> > watched in KWinTV. Is it a general problem with V4L or something. In
> > MythTV I
> > chose /dev/video for the capture card. Do I have to choose /dev/v4l or
> > things like that?
>
> Make sure you have all the settings in the other apps right. /dev/video
> should be correct, but you also need to tell whatever other apps you're
> using what standard and frequency table to use (like PAL and
> european-bcast, or NTSC and us-cable, etc). It sounds like KWinTV knows
> how to control the tuner, because you have these things right for it,
> while the other apps aren't set up, and thus can only watch whatever
> KWinTV last tuned to. For MythTV, run the setup app, and go through
> every screen. The standard and frequency table settings are in the
> first section, I believe.
>
> --Jarod
>
> --
> Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
>
> Got a question? Read this first...
> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> MythTV, Red Hat Linux 9 & ATrpms documentation:
> http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250

I have done this. I used the european-west and PAL, but  dunno if there was
a combobox for us-cable or in my case maybe euro-cable or so. I will check
this. My TV-Card is a Hauppauge WinTV BT 878.
A problem is, that the xmltv file provider for the german programs has
stopped producing files. I used an alternative provider but dunno if the files are
in the correct format. maybe you can send me an example xml file containing
one or two channels in the correct format to be used with mythfilldatabase.

Greetings, Murph