[mythtv-users] changing channels

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 2 03:59:06 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 02:27 US/Pacific, Murph Crusher wrote:

> I have the following problem. I can change channels without any
> problems in
> KWinTV. But in MythTV and all other TVapps I can only watch the last
> channel
> watched in KWinTV. Is it a general problem with V4L or something. In
> MythTV I
> chose /dev/video for the capture card. Do I have to choose /dev/v4l or
> things like that?

Make sure you have all the settings in the other apps right. /dev/video
should be correct, but you also need to tell whatever other apps you're
using what standard and frequency table to use (like PAL and
european-bcast, or NTSC and us-cable, etc). It sounds like KWinTV knows
how to control the tuner, because you have these things right for it,
while the other apps aren't set up, and thus can only watch whatever
KWinTV last tuned to. For MythTV, run the setup app, and go through
every screen. The standard and frequency table settings are in the
first section, I believe.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE