[mythtv-users] changing channels

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 2 21:12:05 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 04:43 US/Pacific, Murph Crusher wrote:

>> Make sure you have all the settings in the other apps right.
>> /dev/video
>> should be correct, but you also need to tell whatever other apps
>> you're
>> using what standard and frequency table to use (like PAL and
>> european-bcast, or NTSC and us-cable, etc). It sounds like KWinTV
>> knows
>> how to control the tuner, because you have these things right for it,
>> while the other apps aren't set up, and thus can only watch whatever
>> KWinTV last tuned to. For MythTV, run the setup app, and go through
>> every screen. The standard and frequency table settings are in the
>> first section, I believe.
>>
> have done this. I used the european-west and PAL, but  dunno if there
> was
> a combobox for us-cable or in my case maybe euro-cable or so. I will
> check
> this. My TV-Card is a Hauppauge WinTV BT 878.
> A problem is, that the xmltv file provider for the german programs has
> stopped producing files. I used an alternative provider but dunno if
> the files are
> in the correct format. maybe you can send me an example xml file
> containing
> one or two channels in the correct format to be used with
> mythfilldatabase.

Here's the first several lines of mine:

# config file: tv_grab_na 3.20030816
#
# this file is generated by running tv_grab_na --configure
# the only change you should make is prefixing 'channel:' lines
# with a 'not ' to signal that they should be ignored during the
# grab step
#
retry limit: 2
retry delay: 30
postal code: 98038
provider: 77160 Comcast Seattle - Seattle - Digital Rebuild
channel: 1 CBUT
channel: 2 NWCN
channel: 3 KWPX
channel: 4 KOMO
channel: 5 KING
channel: 6 KONG
channel: 7 KIRO

The rest of the file is just more channels, in the same format as the
ones above.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE