[mythtv-users] Re:LVM & Disk Performance

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 10:02:54 EST 2003

I have 2 hard drive and one cd drive. I will set it up
like this:

primary master: OS drive
primary slave: CD drive
secondary master: MythTv drive (single drive of a LVM
group)
secondary slave: empty

Just a warning, I was always told to never have a hard
drive and CD-ROM on the same IDE channel. I believe
the way IDE works is that it sets its speed to the
slowest device on the chain. In this case your hard
drive would never perform faster than your CD-ROM.