[mythtv-users] MythTV PVR-350 / TV Hookup Connections Help

Jason Hunt jhunt at akula.org
Sun Nov 16 02:35:11 EST 2003

Greetings,

I am very new to video/audio stuff, so I am confused about how to properly
hookup all my connections properly.

This is my hardware:

PVR-350 configured on a Slackware  box

Hughes DirecTV box, with following inputs:

Satellite IN
TV ANT/Cable IN
Out to TV
R/L Audio Video
S-Video

TV w/ the folling inputs/outputs:

OUT:

Video
Audio L/R

IN:

AV1/In
Audio L/R

S-Video Connection

Ok, here is where I am confused.  I have a coaxial cable going into my
satellite from the wall (the satellite in), and have a coaxial cable going
from satellite (out to TV) to the TV.  I am using the the DirecTV box's
s-video connection to go to the PVR-350.

I set up MythTV to record a show, but it recorded what was currently playing
on the TV and not the channel it should have recorded.

What am I doing wrong here?   Can I not watch TV while it is recording a
specific program?  I doubt this is the case, and I have something setup
wrong within MythTV or hardware connection set up incorrectly.  Any help
would be very appreciated.