[mythtv-users] Anyone else do a fresh install in the past two days?

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 10:10:08 EST 2003

Ok, I've gone through Jarod's documentation line by
line. I have succesfully built a near fully functional
MythTV box about 2 weeks ago using .12 bleeding. Only
problem at that time was DVDRIP which I never got
resolved. Since then I moved from Jarod's old setup of
an MSI motherboard to the new Chaintech mb.

Install of .12, not bleeding, went remarkably well.
Well that is until I hit LIRC. All modules appear to
load fine:

# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_dev
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c

But when I issue:

# /sbin/chkconfig lircd on

I get a

# error reading information on service lircd: No such
file or directory

Very strange as LIRC worked fine for me on my last
succesful installation.

Another strange finding which I have seen on this
install. On reboots, I have to issue the following
commands manually:

# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe ivtv

or else mythtbackend complains. If I forget to do this
before launching mythbackend, I get all kinds of
errors (understandably). Funny thing, I don't recall
ever having to load the driver more than once with my
last successful installation.

Just trying to get a consensus here? I'm thinking that
maybe there's a bug in the build? I'm also hoping to
get solutions for the two problems listed above.

Thanks!