[mythtv-users] Re:LIRC and Hauppauge question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:01:03 EST 2003

>From: David Vasquez <vasqued2 at yahoo.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Re:LIRC and Hauppauge question Date: Tue, 11 Nov
>2003 19:48:19 -0800 (PST)
>
> >> I created an RM upgrade for JP1 remotes that works
> >> fine for me with a Radio Shack 15-2116. It's posted
>
> >> in the JP1 group.

>Upgrade
> >> Files/Misc/Hauppauge-PVR250.rmdu
> >>
> >> David
> >>

> >Great! If I had a JP1 remote I could try this :-)
> >Incidentally, do you have any idea if your RM upgrade
> >would work with
> >the receiver on a WinTV 401 card?
> >
> >-JAC
>
>Sorry, I don't know how to read the LIRC files to tell
>if they send the same signals or not.  My upgrade is
>for the gray remote.  If it doesn't work, I'm sure
>it's the remote, not the upgrade :-)
>
>And for everyone who hasn't tried JP1, I highly
>recommend it.  Once you get a $10-$30 remote to
>control everything in your entertainment center,
>you'll never try anything else.
>
>David

In case anyone is interested I tried out the "Flag" remote
from Radio Shack.  It supports a good set of RC-5 codes
using the 0081 VCR code.  Pros and Cons listed below:

Pros:

Only costs $5 (!)
Sends a fairly complete set of RC-5 codes
Shouldn't be hard to find.  My RS had dozens of 'em
Supports 4 devices and seems to handle TV/Myth well

Cons:

Buttons kind of small
No Replay/Skip buttons
PIP buttons don't send codes in 0081 emulation

I tried this out using my serial IR receiver.  I will try
it with the built in PVR-250 receiver to make sure
that the RC-5 codes being sent can be received.
If I have any problems I'll post again.  If I don't post
by tonight assume that the PVR-250 reads the codes
OK.

If anyone is interested in my lircd.conf and Myth
lircrc setup let me know and I can post them.

-- Harry O.