[mythtv-users] change_channel script causing recording to fail

Michael Hill mikehillny at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 11:11:07 EDT 2003

System: Red Hat 8  MythTv 8 using s-video and lirc to send over homebrew to
cable box.  Input is defaulted to S-video.

With the change_channel.csh script as specified in the doc setting in backend
setup, I am able to watch live TV, but not schedule recordings.
Yes, I paid attention to make sure to use #!/bin/csh in my script, but it looks
like I am still getting the cant open /dev/device symptom as described in the
doc!?

With the change_channel script -not- set I can schedule [recording wrong
channel of course].  Obviously my problem is with this script somehow.

My /usr/bin/change channel script is just as in the docs and works on its own:
#!/bin/csh
echo "changing to $1"
/usr/local/bin/channel.pl $1 &

Anyone else ran across this and fixed it?  I have seen some older posts that
were similar, but seemed related to trying the script with the tuner and
channels over 125, not really this problem specifically...  It also sees this
post was the same problem:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/input_selection_on_record_weirdness_P59816/

Thanks, Mike