[mythtv-users] Could it be a problem with xv ??

Ben Davis ben at xsusio.com
Mon May 5 11:25:07 EDT 2003

Ina desparate attempt to figure out the answer to my problem (see below)
I used the "NO_XV" environment variable to disable XV while I used
MythTV so I could take a screenshot.

Unfortunately, my problem did not seem to appear when I disabled XV.
So, could this be an XV problem? Does anyone have any ideas of other
ways I can narrow down the source of this problem?

Here's some background on the problem:  When I start MythTV (which
starts in fullscreen mode) it looks like a badly-shuffled deck of cards.
In other words, the output is devided up into tiny pixel-high
horizontall lines, and each of them is displaced. I can't really think
of a better way to explain it.  If I keep the output in a maximized
window mode, and move it slightly to the left or right, it fixes itself
-- No more lines. But when I move it back towards the center, the lines
get displaced again.