[mythtv-users] Ideal Setup

Paul Smith paullocal at pscs.co.uk
Thu May 1 10:49:28 EDT 2003

>their system(s).  What mistake did you make when selecting hardware?

My main mistake was the TV Tuner cards I bought - I got Pinnacle PC TV Rage
cards which have a tuner on which isn't supported by Linux. This might just
be the PAL version, and possibly just some versions, but it was a problem.

Fortunately, it wasn't a major problem because they work fine in Windows,
so I just did some swapping around and two BT878 cards out of a couple of
my Windows PCs and put them in the Linux one, but for other people it might
be a bigger problem.

The other mistake was listening to the people who say that Linux is easy to
use nowadays.... :-)

Having said that, MythTV is great, it's a shame there's nothing like it for
Windows so it doesn't take weeks to set up... (unless you're a Linux expert)
Paul				VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support at pscs.co.uk			http://www.pscs.co.uk/