[mythtv-users] Re:Lots of bits and pieces...

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Sun Jun 22 21:21:23 EDT 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 18:03, Mark Chou wrote:
> Ideally, you'd get a 1U rack-mounted CPU with a 2U drive chasis, which
> theses day can probably easily house 16 disks (haven't followed this in
> a while).  The additional benefit is individual drives would also be hot
> swappable (in a RAID situation) should one drive fail.

We get this now in a 2u or 3u case w/ both PATA and SATA.  PATA isn't exactly
hot swappable, but it they are in removable sleds.  SATA is fully hot
swappable.  the 3u chassis we use houses 16 drives.  Why go external, and
incur further points of failure when you can consolidate it into one chassis?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: