[mythtv-users] updated to cvs, now all my recorded shows won't show up, and mythvid probs

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 20:37:14 EDT 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 15:56, Chris Germano wrote:
> I upgraded to the current cvs last night I am having a lot of problems.
> Basicaly I think they are because I deleted my current mysql mythconverg
> database instead of upgrading. Whenever I try to update the database like
> it says in the myth docs using $ mysql -uf root < mc.sql it returns
> something about not having permission, and I am logged in as root. So I
> just dropped the db and created a new one, and then ran mythfilldatabase. I
> lost all my myth settings during this process and now all of my previously
> recorded shows are no longer listed in the playback section, but they still
> are in the directory. Now I made sure to set myth to that same directory
> when I re-set it up so I don't understand why it won't load them, I hope
> the show info is not linked to the db that I deleted, but if so is there a
> way to get it back?

Yes, the recorded show information is all stored in the database.  You may be
able to regenerate the database partially by running myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
(in the 'contrib' subdirectory of the Myth source).  This will give you
access to your recordings, but you'll lose show names, episode name and
descriptions.

-JAC