[mythtv-users] updated to cvs, now all my recorded shows won't show up, and mythvid probs

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 13:56:13 EDT 2003

I upgraded to the current cvs last night I am having a lot of problems.
Basicaly I think they are because I deleted my current mysql mythconverg
database instead of upgrading. Whenever I try to update the database like it
says in the myth docs using $ mysql -uf root < mc.sql it returns something
about not having permission, and I am logged in as root. So I just dropped
the db and created a new one, and then ran mythfilldatabase. I lost all my
myth settings during this process and now all of my previously recorded
shows are no longer listed in the playback section, but they still are in
the directory. Now I made sure to set myth to that same directory when I
re-set it up so I don't understand why it won't load them, I hope the show
info is not linked to the db that I deleted, but if so is there a way to get
it back?

My other problem is with mythvideo, when I select the directory that has
videos in it like I had exactly the same before I upgraded it will not find
anything. If I goto Video Manager it does take a few seconds to load, but it
never finds a single video, and there are lots in the root of the directory
and in subdirectories. I believe I set the path correctly any ideas?

And just to clarify where are all the myth settings saved to, the db? If
this is true what is the proper way to update the db in mandrake?

Thanks for your help guys,