[mythtv-users] updated to cvs, now all my recorded shows won't show up, and mythvid probs

Marc De Leenheer marc.deleenheer at pandora.be
Mon Jun 23 01:47:14 EDT 2003

Chris Germano said:
> I upgraded to the current cvs last night I am having a lot of problems.
> Basicaly I think they are because I deleted my current mysql mythconverg
>  database instead of upgrading. Whenever I try to update the database
> like it  says in the myth docs using $ mysql -uf root < mc.sql it
> returns something  about not having permission, and I am logged in as
> root. So I just dropped  the db and created a new one, and then ran
> mythfilldatabase. I lost all my  myth settings during this process and
> now all of my previously recorded  shows are no longer listed in the
> playback section, but they still are in  the directory. Now I made sure
> to set myth to that same directory when I  re-set it up so I don't
> understand why it won't load them, I hope the show  info is not linked
> to the db that I deleted, but if so is there a way to get  it back?

Ouch. Yes, all recording-info is saved in the 'recorded' table. It is
possible though to get it back: the filenames contain the chanid and the
starttime (but not the endtime I though). The rest of the info is lost i
think: name, subtitle, description, cutlists etc
I wouldn't like to fix this by hand, so I'd suggest you write some script
that parses the filenames and fills in the recorded table.
Good luck. And if you do finish the script, be nice and send it to this
list :)

> My other problem is with mythvideo, when I select the directory that has
>  videos in it like I had exactly the same before I upgraded it will not
> find  anything. If I goto Video Manager it does take a few seconds to
> load, but it  never finds a single video, and there are lots in the root
> of the directory  and in subdirectories. I believe I set the path
> correctly any ideas?

Are you sure you set it up alright. The new version doesn't use the
mythvideosettings.txt anymore; now everything is setup in the gui.

> And just to clarify where are all the myth settings saved to, the db? If
>  this is true what is the proper way to update the db in mandrake?

mysql -u mythtv -p < cvs.sql if you're running cvs