[mythtv-users] Avermedia M179 w/ PVR250

Woody Sturges wsturges at tranquility.net
Sun Dec 14 23:53:48 EST 2003

> >    I've read that I need to upgrade ivtv via CVS plus a patch in order to
> > get audio working.  I download the latest ivtv cvs tarball, extracted it,
> > and tried to apply the gpio patch mentioned that supports the M179, but I
> > get lots of errors (see below).
>
>I downloaded Robert Kulagowski's patched version from
>http://www.smalltime.com/bob/ivtv-cvs-latest+1125A+M179+close_stream.tar.bz2

Thanks, Ian.  I compiled and installed that version of ivtv and it's
working great!

Now I can watch satellite on the PVR250, and record broadcast tv on the
M179, but I can't figure out how to switch to broadcast (other card) when
I'm watching live tv.  'N' and 'B' doesn't work, but 'V' does show
PIP.   Hmmm...

Thanks a lot for the pointer to the patched ivtv source.  Exactly what I
needed.

Woody