[mythtv-users] Avermedia M179 w/ PVR250

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 15 02:56:35 EST 2003

On Dec 14, 2003, at 17:53, Ian Forde wrote:

>> I've got a PVR-250 Freestyle card as /dev/video0.  The cat-to-mplayer
>> test works fine, including audio.
>>
>> The M179 is /dev/video1.  The cat-to-mplayer works as far as audio
>> goes,
>> but strangely, the picture is *really* small.  As in - it looks like
>> it
>> captured a PIP shot...
>
> Okay.  I've got it working now.  Here's what I had to do:
>
> 1. Install the version of the ivtv driver I listed in my previous post.
> 2. Install the firmware version 21226, available from
>
> ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/wintv-pvr_250-350/win9x-2k-
> xp_mpeg_wdm_drv/
>
> 3. Recheck your /etc/modules.conf file.
> 4. Reboot.

Odd. I'm having much better luck with the 21288 firmware... The M179
comes up video0, the PVR-250 video1... 21226 produces heavy artifacts
on the PVR-250 on my rig. I do have occasional problems with the M179
not initializing on reboot, but a quick rmmod ivtv modprobe ivtv has
fixed it every time. No chance to try and track the problem down just
yet...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...