[mythtv-users] Advanced Recording settings screen

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Aug 25 15:10:32 EDT 2003

> I'm currently working on adding an item or two to this screen, so we may
> want to re-think the layout.  I think it would be best to try to keep it to
> a single page, but that's difficult to do with the current layout of the
> screen.  We could gain a little room/time if we could pack more than one
> item horizontally, but eventually we'd probably run out of screen real
> estate as the recording features become more advanced.  I think maybe some
> sort of tabbed layout would be best, but it looks like we'd have to do it
> the 'hard' way, as the TabbedSettingsGroup object is really a QDialog
> (rather than a QFrame like the other ones).  Any thoughts?

Haven't thought about it much.  My quick fix separated part of it down into
columns for a few of the shorter items.  Needs to be rethought though.
My descriptions on some of those options are kinda wordy also.  It might be
good to shorten the descriptions and make a help text box at the bottom
like the regular setup screens.

I find myself using quite a few of the advanced settings each time I setup
a new recording so I have the "always use advanced recording screen" turned
ON.

--

Chris