[mythtv-users] MythTV on Xbox-Overscan & Color w/ HD cables

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 06:52:59 EDT 2003

Mr. Myth said:
> FYI:
>
> this was definitely an improvement for me.  I played with it until I the
> overscan was good for me.
>
> xbv -NTSC -auto 640 480 6 6
>
> Fixes both problems for me.  I now have color with component video and
> myth fills the screen.
>
> However, video performance is down.  I can noticeably see "jumpiness"
> with the video.
>
> Again, just an FYI and thanks to everyone who is working on these
> problems.
>
> Michael

Yes, I think I spoke a bit to soon <g>.  I have the "jumpiness" too.  I
prefer the jerkiness ans full screen coverage to the state it was before
but my wife prefers the severe underscan :/  I'm looking into a few
things.  One notable thing I found was a replacement XF86Config as the
stock values had timings problems, it's supposed to solve "rainbowing
problems" when using the riva fb.  I still must look into it a bit more.

Michael2