[mythtv-users] MythTV on Xbox-Overscan & Color w/ HD cables

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Aug 19 21:09:52 EDT 2003

Michael Greb wrote:

>Dennis and others,
>Finally got around to looking at the <http://xbox-linux.sf.net/> wiki and
>found something that solves two problems I was having.  I know there are
>others on the list with these problems so I will share here.
>
>Problem 1: Black & White output using the High Definition cables
>Solution: xbv -NTSC -auto 640 480 12 9
>This will work via ssh as root if you don't have a keyboard connected to
>the Xbox.

FYI:

this was definitely an improvement for me.  I played with it until I the
overscan was good for me.

xbv -NTSC -auto 640 480 6 6

Fixes both problems for me.  I now have color with component video and
myth fills the screen.

However, video performance is down.  I can noticeably see "jumpiness"
with the video.

Again, just an FYI and thanks to everyone who is working on these problems.

Michael