[mythtv-users] Multiple directories for MythTV recordings?

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Fri Aug 1 12:56:39 EDT 2003

>I am also of the opinion that it would be nice to
>support multiple record directories.  I'm not even
>thinking about doing anything fancy with nfs or other
>backends ... I just want to be able to add more HDD's
>to my current backend as easily as possible.
>
>I have an 80 gig drive setup with all my recordings
>and system setup on it ... now what if i want to add
>another drive for more recording storage?  I have
>never really messed with raid, but from my
>understanding you wouldn't be able to raid 2 drives
>once 1 is already full of data.
>
>This just seems like a feature that would be well
>worth supporting.

It sounds like you should try out LVM.  LVM will
allow you to add as much disk space as you need,
over as many drives as you need.  You will probably
have to re-make your filesystem if you already have
a system set up, but this would be a good option
if you are just starting out in making a MythTV system
(which is what I am currently doing).

Check out:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO

*