[mythtv-theming] Theme downloader site updated for trunk/master.

Harley Peters harley at thepetersclan.net
Wed Dec 22 19:17:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:01:48 -0500
Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> I've uploaded all the known themes to the theme downloader
> website for trunk/master, so they are visible if you're
> running the latest git version.
>
> If you have a theme that is not up there, let me know about it.
>
> I plan on going through and making some/most/all available for
> people running 0.24-fixes as well if they are compatible.
>
> I also have most of a patch written to notify a user on the
> frontend if a new version of the theme they are using becomes
> available on the download site.  This keys off the major/minor
> version number in the theme, so please keep this up to date
> if you make changes to your theme.
>
> I have a script which can pull and package a remote theme
> from any of the following:
>
> local tarball/zip
> remote tarball/zip
> remote git/svn repository
>
> So, if you have a theme and give me links to any of the above,
> I can just feed that to my script to package new versions.
>
> We still plan on making a theme upload site, but that's a lot
> of work for little gain, so for now I'm still uploading themes
> to the site manually.
>
> --
> Chris Pinkham

You can pull the TintedGlass theme via git if you want to from now on.

git clone git://vps64.biterror.net/TintedGlass

It contains both a master and 0.24 branch. There both identical right
now.

Also since your going by the themeinfo.xml major/minor numbers to
indicate an update to users can the minor number be multiple digits ?
Major/minor example: 1/18 (my theme is currently at version 1.18)

Also do you have to update these themes manually ? I don't won't to
update the major/minor numbers to often if you do.

Harley