[mythtv] 2019-render: nvdec decoding artefacts in the editor

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 15:54:22 UTC 2019

On 05/11/2019 18:24, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 05/11/2019 17:35, Mark Kendall wrote:

>> Peter has also just offered to resync to latest FFmpeg - so hopefully
>> we'll pick up sundry fixes like this.
>
> That's great - but I should clarify.  When I said that ffmpeg works, I
> was referring to mythffmpeg, not current ffmpeg master.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mark

Amazingly d88a61dd rpms built and are running under Fedora 30.
Unfortunately that hasn't fixed the static frame blockiness, and now I'm
getting a brief shimmering effect after any jump :-(

The OSD reports 1920x1080 at 25fps, H.264 nvdec, 2xGLSL linearblend.  The
Firestick frontend and leanfront both play - apparently as before - with
the new backend.

John P