[mythtv] Q about networking after recent networking improvements in master

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 19:58:34 UTC 2017

On 04/12/2017 02:09 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> I assumed that everybody has IPV6...

Peter,

Probably true, but:

I recall a number of folks on IRC and the users list have disabled
IPv6 in order to get their backends running. Unfortunately, it was
probably the wrong solution, and now it's out there in the ether.

I just searched for: mythtv net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 and got
a bunch of (old) matches. The ..._disable_ipv6.patch will help those
that never undid the disable. Maybe we need a new loglevel:
VB_JOIN_THE_CURRENT_CENTURY.

(I'm running IPv6 using ULAs with your 'Networking improvements'
commit and without this patch A-OK. Nice work.)

--
Bill