[mythtv] Location of DVB-S rotor code

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon May 4 21:14:27 UTC 2015

On 01/05/15 17:49, Andrew wrote:
> Hello:
>          Does any one know which file(s) I would look at to diagnose a
> bug in the satellite rotor code. I think I got myth setup configured
> correctly.

You would need to dig around in libs/libmythtv and any file which
mentions diseq

>          First issue - When I run myth setup -> channel scan myth doesn't
> wait for the rotor to finish rotating before the channel scan starts. If
> I rotate the dish "manually" scanning works.

Sounds like exactly what you have diagnosed, we aren't waiting for the
rotor to finish positioning.

>          Second issue - When I schedule a recording it seems that myth
> issues a command to go to rotor position 0 and not 43 which I've entered
> into the rotor position setup.
>          Could the problem be that I've got "gaps" in the satellite
> position entered?

I would hope not, but anything is possible. This is a little used
feature, so it's quite probable it suffers from some issues.

Regards
Stuart