[mythtv] Authentication for mythbackend web server?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:41:14 UTC 2015

I haven't been able to follow all the threads but it looks like as of 0.28
that mythweb will be obsolete and one will connect to mythbackend directly?

If that's the case, how do you setup authentication if you're bypassing
apache?

I was thinking I would setup a rewrite rule after authenticating... But
before I made that effort I thought I would check here to see if there was
a simpler solution.

I'm also interested in this from a packaging perspective since it will
likely affect my RPM Fusion mythtv package.

Thanks,
Richard