[mythtv] More rpm-building questions

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Apr 13 16:24:25 UTC 2015

After my attempts to build rpms for current master, and for earlier
qt4-based masters, in SL7.1beta failed, (perhaps partly because of sync
differences between the various repos) I went back to a clean install of
Fedora 21, and have the current rpmfusion build (0.27.4-3) running on it.

So I tried to rebuild its src.rpm.  That gets a lot further than before,
but still fails;  there's a permissions failure when it wants to create
a ldconfig cache in /etc.  This might be because I'm not using mock, and
I haven't yet tried to fix it.

But my main, perhaps sensitive, comment is this:  Usually I have used
rpmbuild in a terminal window; its verbose logging stream tends to swamp
any useful info.  This time I used 'rpmbuild --rebuild --quiet' which
restricts itself to reporting warnings and errors - and the (incomplete)
log size is 20.9 KiB.

Many, but not all, of the warnings are signed/unsigned comparisons.
Perhaps they are of long standing and known to be unimportant, but I'm a
bit surprised. I suppose I ought to look at some buildbot logs.

And I'm not complaining.  Oh well, back to the hunt...

Here, in case they ring any bells, are the last few lines of the log:

external/ioapi.c: In function 'ferror_file_func':
external/ioapi.c:159:11: warning: unused parameter 'opaque'
[-Wunused-parameter]
     voidpf opaque;
            ^
ldconfig: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~:
Permission denied
make[2]: [install_setting] Error 1 (ignored)
make[3]: [install-data] Error 1 (ignored)
make[3]: [install-data] Error 1 (ignored)
cpio: mythtv-0.27.4/mythtv/external/qjson/src/json_parser.tab.cc: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory
cpio: mythtv-0.27.4/mythtv/external/qjson/src/json_parser.tab.hh: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory
67860 blocks
warning: File not found by glob:
/home/john/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/mythtv-0.27.4-3.fc21.x86_64/usr/lib64/*.a
[john at localhost SRPMS]$

John