[mythtv] upnp on master with panasonic viera series e5

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 18:09:47 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 23 Sep 2014 18:05:23 John Pilkington wrote:
> Now running today's v0.28-pre-2229-gde13151
>
> Playback of content in Recordings/Music/Videos seems unchanged from my
> earlier posts. SD MPEG2-PS does not play, but after conversion of that
> processed recording back to MPEG2-TS it does play.  I would like to
> continue using -PS because cutting with the Project-X demuxer is more
> robust than its direct cutting with TS output.
>
> The TV is capable of PS playback; it worked in 0.24.3 and
> patched-0.27.3.  I don't know what has got lost.

There was a non DLNA compliant hack which described all video as 'NTSC in
MPEG-2 PS format', even for DVB (pal) AVC TS streams.

This hack has gone, and we now have support for telling the difference between
AVC and MPEG-2, HD and SD and ATSC vs DVB standards. What's still missing is
support for differentiating between TS and PS. Since all broadcast material
uses TS, we assume that it actually is TS for now.

DLNA only supports HD in a PS container when the audio stream is also DTS, so
in your case I'm uncertain what the behaviour would be. We'd fall back to
specifying no DLNA profile at all, which with some players means no seeking is
possible.

For now I think the simplest fix would be to offer a setting that disables DLNA
compliance mode entirely. This means you get none of the benefits of DLNA
features, but for the most part these are minor.

Even if I manage to implement support for determining that recordings which
recording use PS and which use TS, recordings which are transcoded outside of
MythTV will still be mis-described until you re-run a tool to 'fix' the
description in the database. This tool is planned, but is not currently
available.

--
Stuart Morgan