[mythtv] compiling and installing from source/newbie

iyer1961-sulekha at yahoo.com iyer1961-sulekha at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 04:45:13 UTC 2012

I wanted to install from source and familiarize with code for future development. To this end I was following the instructions in http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html...(I have ubuntu 12.04 on a 64bit)Debian.Build-dependencies for MythTV can be satisfied by adding the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list# Christian Marillat's packages (mplayer, lame)
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
and executing:# apt-get build-dep mythtv
# apt-get source mythtv --compileThe last step here downloaded a number of "xxx0.25.2+fixesxxxamd64.deb"in my directory. It also created a directory (yyy.cab) which had a numberof mythtv associated directories.My question is how do I proceed from here ? I renamed yyy.cab as "mythtv-0.25" and rana ./config followed by make and install. but it looked like I am missingsome steps because when I run mythtv-setup I dont find the mysql.txt underthe proper places (I ran mythtv-setup with logging etc). Hence, wanted to stop and ask for some directionssince WIKI left it unexplained. Thanks a lot for help, JV Iyer