[mythtv] installing compiling source code question

iyer1961-sulekha at yahoo.com iyer1961-sulekha at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 05:33:00 UTC 2012

Subject: installing compiling source code question
To: mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:12 PM

I wanted to install from source and familiarize with code for future development. (system Ubuntu 12.04)To this end I was following the instructions in http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html......excerpts follow<<Debian.
Build-dependencies for MythTV can be satisfied by adding the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list
# Christian Marillat's packages (mplayer, lame)deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid maindeb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid mainand executing:# apt-get build-dep mythtv# apt-get source mythtv --compile
<<When I did above:The last step downloaded a number of "xxx0.25.2+fixesxxxamd64.deb"in my directory. It also created a directory (yyy.cab) which had a numberof mythtv associated directories.
My question is how do I proceed from here ? I renamed yyy.cab as "mythtv-0.25" and rana ./config followed by make and install from inside that directory. but it looks like I am missingsome steps because when I run mythtv-setup I dont find the mysql.txt underthe proper places (I ran mythtv-setup with logging etc). Hence, wanted to stop and ask for some directionssince WIKI left it unexplained. Thanks a lot for any help, JV Iyer