[mythtv] OSD timeout settings

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 03:32:41 UTC 2010

Hi

Following http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25102

Is the plan to have something equivalent with the new OSD theme, that
is the user can easily change the timeout settings and how long one
has to read text displayed on the screen.

If it will require to fiddle with the theme XML to adjust how long you
have to read things , that's a big drawback usability-wise IMO.

I had it set on my machine as when I change channels, it's only
displayed for 3s. But when I press info, it shows for 10s... Nothing
worse than having to press info several times because the OSD timeout
on you...
Bit WAF factor too...

Jean-Yves