[mythtv] OSD timeout settings

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jun 15 15:21:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 01:32:41PM +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Following http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25102
>
> Is the plan to have something equivalent with the new OSD theme, that
> is the user can easily change the timeout settings and how long one
> has to read text displayed on the screen.
>
> If it will require to fiddle with the theme XML to adjust how long you
> have to read things , that's a big drawback usability-wise IMO.

I agree completely.  I understand the desire, even need, for the
themes to control all visual aspects such as fonts so things look
right.  OSD timeouts don't affect the visual appearance of the themes
and should be easily configurable without having to edit XML.

FWIW, I'm also not thrilled with the change (unless I've misunderstood
it) that removes the ability to independently choose the OSD theme.  I
have no problem with a setting that defaults to using the OSD theme
provided by the main theme, but why not let the user choose a
different OSD theme if they want to?

David
--
David Engel