[mythtv] MythUI Screenshots - "Watch Recordings"

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Tue Nov 4 12:59:41 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 06:57:56 Jason Gabriele wrote:
> Is it possible to make the keys programmable to an individual theme?

I think that would be very confusing, if more than one theme makes use
of this. Everyone trying out a theme has to relearn button definitions

> I think users will find it natural to push the arrow key in the
> direction they want the selection to go. In my theme, I will probably
> stick with the left-to-right flow and would like to keep the users'
> fingers on the arrow keys.

The selection will go in the direction of the arrow key press. for a
vertical list up/down change the selected entry, and for a horizontal
left/right.

> If not, at least make it conform to the
> escape/enter scheme.

That should work too.

> I think MythTV should only require a 6-button remote.

I would add at least a seventh button, menu. And while I agree that
basic functionality should be available with a remote with 6/7 buttons
everyone should be aware that it is impractical and not all
funtionality can be made available with only 6 or 7 buttons.

> I'm so glad I haven't updated my theme - everything is changing!

We announced that many things will change. We're trying to avoid
changing the same thing twice. Updating the theme with 1-2 weeks time
should be relatively save.

Janne