[mythtv] should mythtv be forked?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Mar 22 00:27:11 UTC 2005

Herman Kuiper wrote:

> --On maandag 21 maart 2005 16:54 -0500 Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> I haven't had time to look over patches at all, really.  If no one else
>> is  going to be applying much stuff to CVS, though, people just have to
>> wait for  me. =(
>

> Hmm - replies are coming faster than I can type ;-) As there are at
> least coming *some* patches through to CVS, I guess somebody is
> looking at them, and prioritizing them. If that process could be made
> more clear (e.g. "this patch was assigned a higer priority, see bug
> #...") that would help as well.

Not really, I've applied a few patches recently but only ones that
relatively minor and were in area's I'm familiar with (for example I
stay clear of the DVB stuff).  Anything major is Isaac's turf as he's
top dog and knows best how things interact.  I have several patch
threads marked for me to get to when I can as well.

I suspect the same goes for most of the other devs.  We apply what we
feel comfortable applying, or things that effect us personally, in the
limited time we have for such things.  On a somewhat bright note, I
personally will have a lot more time available for patches and the like
after this week.