[mythtv] Something still isn't right when recording shows

Tim Davies tim at opensystems.net.au
Tue Feb 8 12:47:20 UTC 2005

Tj wrote:

> Problem #1:
> ~~~~~~~~
> I have two DVB-T cards (VisionPlus) on a combined frontend/backend
> machine.
>
> I'm in Australia and the times aren't very accurate, so I setup myth
> to start record shows 4 minutes early and 10 minutes late. Lets say I
> schedule two recordings (program A & program B) on different channels,
> with end_time of program A == start_time of program B.
>
> Previously, MythTv will use card#1 to record program A, and then
> card#2 to record program B. Today's CVS version of MythTV (08 Feb 05,
> 20:00 Western Australian Time, basically the time of this email if
> your not in WA) will use card#1 to record program A, and then use
> card#1 again to record program B at end_time of program A (it didn't
> record past 10 minutes). Doing this will render recording of program A
> useless as I don't know what's the ending.
>
> Hopefully I grab the right sections in the log, mythbackend -v record
> shows:
> ... Getting next free recorder after :  -1
> ... Checking card 1, Best card so far -1
> ... Card 2 is local.
>
> If this is by design, wouldn't the old method of using all two tuners
> be better? I'm not sure exactly when this starts happening, probably
> in the last 3-4 days?  Is this a software fault or just a
> configuration error? Previously I didn't have to set anything and
> mythtv would always grab card#2 to record the second program.

This is something I noticed a few *months* ago.  Not sure exactly when,
coz I don't record many things back to back, but strangely enough I use
exactly the same overlap (must be some kind of WA karma?!?).  I think
this was a problem in 0.16?

It would be nice if the scheduler took the overlap into account and used
the other card.

Tim.