[mythtv] Something still isn't right when recording shows

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 8 12:32:05 UTC 2005

Glad 0.17 has been delayed, something don't feel quite right with CVS at
the moment.

Problem #1:
~~~~~~~~
I have two DVB-T cards (VisionPlus) on a combined frontend/backend machine.

I'm in Australia and the times aren't very accurate, so I setup myth to
start record shows 4 minutes early and 10 minutes late. Lets say I
schedule two recordings (program A & program B) on different channels,
with end_time of program A == start_time of program B.

Previously, MythTv will use card#1 to record program A, and then card#2
to record program B. Today's CVS version of MythTV (08 Feb 05, 20:00
Western Australian Time, basically the time of this email if your not in
WA) will use card#1 to record program A, and then use card#1 again to
record program B at end_time of program A (it didn't record past 10
minutes). Doing this will render recording of program A useless as I
don't know what's the ending.

Hopefully I grab the right sections in the log, mythbackend -v record shows:
... Getting next free recorder after :  -1
... Checking card 1, Best card so far -1
... Card 2 is local.

If this is by design, wouldn't the old method of using all two tuners be
better? I'm not sure exactly when this starts happening, probably in the
last 3-4 days?  Is this a software fault or just a configuration error?
Previously I didn't have to set anything and mythtv would always grab
card#2 to record the second program.

Problem #2:
~~~~~~~~
Sometimes recordings are 0 bytes (starts happening probably around 2
days ago).

Problem #3:
~~~~~~~~
Seems that if I schedule programs as described in problem #1, around 10
minutes into recoding the program B, mythbackend will crash.

****

ATM, I am compiling mythtv in debug mode and trying to recreate problem
#3 to get a backtrace. If any of this problems ring a bell and anybody
know what's wrong, do let me know.

thanx.