[mythtv] Some bugs

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jan 31 00:25:31 EST 2004

> Spoofing program entries may be a bad idea in general as they
> are blown away by mythfilldatabase if you set them up more
> than a day ahead of time. In the future there should probably
> be a manual record type, of better yet, a manual record bool
> in the record table that will tell the scheduler to forgo
> checking against the program table and just accept the chanid,
> starttime for the record rule.

I've contemplated messing with or recreating the "Instant Record"
option sometime as well.  Sometimes I'd like to be able to hit
a button that pops up a menu of my free inputs and lets me pick
a channel (or line-in) to record and just starts recording and
possibly playing back in a small preview window until I hit a
Stop button.  This might benefit from the above change also,
rather than dealing with setting up a recorder, etc. the code
could just create a new entry for right now which the scheduler
would pick up right away and start recording.  Then Instant
Record would just have to deal with starting a player and stopping
the recording when Stop was pressed or the set time length
was reached.

Anyway... Another item for my long todo list unless someone beats
me to it. :)

--

Chris