[mythtv] Some bugs

Ben Levitt levittben at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 16:54:15 EST 2004

--- Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:

> > Not sure how to fix these two..  Would you think
> you'd want it to discard all
> > queued keys for new channel changes in the same
> direction after a channel
> > change has finished?  I could see that not being
> desirable, though..  Hmm.
>
> I first discovered the channel change by holding the
> key until
> I reached a station many channels away. It changed
> channels
> for the next two minutes. You can't judge how many
> repeats
> are queued to know if you will land on a certain
> station so
> maybe it may be best to discard and move one channel
> at a time.
> On the other hand if you wanted to go up three
> channels you
> should be able to tap Up three times. Donno.

Just an idea: For each queued keystroke, do we have
info on whether it was generated as an autoRepeat?  If
so, maybe after each channel change we could remove
all autoRepeat-generated keystrokes from the queue.
This would leave the "press up 3 times to go up 3
channels" case working, while fixing the "changing
channels for the next 2 minutes" problem.

Ben