[mythtv] Via EPIA-M and DVB-T

mythdev at cue.cc mythdev at cue.cc
Sat Nov 1 09:52:26 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm using a Hush mini-itx (EPIA-M) with a Nebula DVB-T tuner.

After a lot of mucking around, I have the DVB and bttv drivers working
and using dvbstream I am capturing broadcast streams from my area.

Problem is, I've had to grab a clean kernel (2.4.22) and patch it up to
2.4.23-pre8 to get the dvb-kernel drivers compiling.  Now I cant install
the so-called "kernel independent" Via Arena northbridge drivers
(CLE266) because my kernel is not in the list of kernels that the binary
CLE266 drivers have been compiled for.

Before MythTV will be usable I need to get the graphics drivers working.
I have been combing mailing lists and googling as best I can, but cannot
come up with any solution to get the Via binary drivers loading against
my current kernel.

Has anyone been able to get both DVB drivers and Via EPIA-M graphics
drivers to co-exist?  Please help :)

Cheers,

Rob Wills