[mythtv] G400 TV-Out

MIchael Proctor-Smith mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:04:51 -0800

Emmett Pate wrote:

>On Friday 22 November 2002 03:13 pm, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 07:48:07AM -0500, Emmett Pate wrote:
>>

>>>Here's my question: I'm using a Matrox G400 Dual Head with the Matrox X11
>>>drivers.  After starting X, I get the mythfrontend on both the CRT and
>>>the TV-OUT.  However, when I select "Watch TV", the TV-OUT goes blank and
>>>the Television only displays on the CRT.  Is this an additional X setting
>>>or something in MythTV?
>>>

>>Does it work if you only have the TV connected?  I don't have one of these
>>cards.
>>

>I'm not quite sure how to configure it with the TV on the primary connection.
>That was going to be the last step before installing the box as my primary
>PVR.
>
>It's very frustrating: mplayer will play full screen on both the CRT and TV
>simultaneously, xawtv will play on one or the other (one screen is paused
>while the other is live), and MythTV will only play on the CRT (the TV just
>goes blank).  All of the them are started from an 'xterm' window.
>
>Any help is *greatly* appreciated!
>
>Emmett

The reason you can not get the bttv card to display on the second head
which is the tv-out head is that there is only one part(ramdac?) that
does analog overlay on the G-series cards. The bttv data gets dma and
put on the screen with no cpu overhead. There may be a setting to make
the tv-out head the primary head and have uses of the analog overly. The
cool thing that the G-series does have is an Xv driver that lets you
have  32 Xv ports for hardware scaling and color convertion at the same
 time as long as you are willing to lose dri, with the TexturedVideo option.